SEEBURGER is one of the first B2B integration providers to offer ePedigree connectivity for companies preparing to meet upcoming state and federal ePedigree mandates intended to protect consumers from contaminated and counterfeit drugs, eliminating the time and expense of hard-coded ERP/ePedigree integration.
SEEBURGER’s first ePedigree-related deployment – involving integration with SAP R/3 at Fresenius Medical Care North America - and the operational improvements that can be achieved by linking ERP and ePedigree transaction data will be discussed in a May 12 session at the SAPPHIRE 2009/ASUG Annual Conference in Orlando. “Fresenius: Consolidating Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Components and Preparing for ePedigree Compliance” will be led by Wally Slone, Fresenius VP of Business Systems, and Stefan Koenig, SEEBURGER Senior Product Manager.
SEEBURGER will also be discussing its ePedigree capabilities in Booth 660 at the conference, running May 11-14, 2009, at the Orange County Convention Center. SEEBURGER’s ePedigree support enables exchange and integration of ePedigree documents with the ERP system. In addition, the solution handles documents such as orders, invoices, product transfers, price authorizations, responses to product transfer and advance shipment notifications. All messages passed between the ERP and Pedigree systems are routed through the SEEBURGER BIS gateway. Benefits include:
• No expensive custom integration to convert ERP data into an ePedigreerecognizable format, instead allowing the SEEBURGER gateway to act as a cost-effective integration broker.
• Improvements in supply chain visibility - particularly the details of each saleable container of a prescription drug as it moves from the initial wholesale distributor throughout the entire supply chain.
• The option to use either SEEBURGER or ePedigree communications services in addition to SEEBURGER data transformation. SEEBURGER communications services support any number of trading partners at no extra cost, while the ePedigree software provider’s communications service may include a separate charge per trading partner.
• One-stop ERP/ePedigree data availability, eliminating the need to use multiple tools to retrieve ePedigree and ERP documents.
• Instant message traceability and error resolution with SEEBURGER Message Tracking, an add-on application that makes it possible to search messages by any field (shipment ID, order number, etc.)
“ePedigree compliance dates are in a constant state of flux, with the first deadlines now expected in California in January 2015, but companies need to be sure that any IT infrastructure upgrades they make before then will accommodate the new mandates. That notably includes EDI/B2B upgrades,” said SEEBURGER Vice President Bill Metallo. “By ensuring that their EDI system supports tight integration between their ERP and ePedigree data, companies like Fresenius are already laying the groundwork to take full advantage of their eventual ePedigree implementation.”
SEEBURGER’s core EDI/B2B technology is available either as a standalone BIS 5 or BIS 6 gateway – depending on the organization’s needs - or as an add-on for use with the SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure (XI) or SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (PI). Both options support all global trading requirements with a single B2B gateway, aiding global enterprises that wish to simplify their technology infrastructure by standardizing on one B2B solution for all offices.
SEEBURGER also offers the only message-oriented middleware capable of integrating 100% of an organization’s trading partners - including smaller customers and suppliers that still do business on paper - on a single platform that has been developed in-house by SEEBURGER to ensure compatibility, provide a common work environment, and simplify the internal IT infrastructure as well as maintenance across the extended supply chain.
SEEBURGER is a leading provider of global business integration solutions designed to optimize transactions throughout the extended enterprise by automating trading relationships with all partners regardless of their size and technical resources. Launched in 1986 to provide integration solutions to the automotive industry in Germany, the company today is ranked among the top business-to-business gateway providers by leading industry analysts, and serves more than 7,800 customers in more than 50 countries and more than 15 industries through its flagship Business Integration Server and related products and services. SEEBURGER has global offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, including a U.S. office that opened in 1998. For more information, visit www.SEEBURGER.com
678 638 4884